The Session-Story of the Andromeda Galaxy
I struggled around with the flattener for a few months now and i was still not happy with the results. But i found a config that seemed to be ok for now and i wanted to test the performance in the field on a real picture. The Andromeda Galaxy was my target.
I had two evenings to see how it worked. The final picture is the only RGB result from the first evening. On the second evening i used the duo narrowband filter with the idea to show the H-Alpha regions. But i was not able to use that material in a useful way.
Here the high resolution Astrophoto on Flickr:
Lessons Learned – Andromeda Galaxy
- It is fun to just shoot some astrophotos.
- The flattener config is not that bad.
- Only one evening of RGB at F7.5 on M31 is too few.
- I am not able to use H-Alpha material on a RGB galaxy photo yet. So I will hopefully upload an update soon.
- I worked homofocal … more in another posting.
|Filter||Optolong UV/IR Cut bzw.|
|Guiding Scope Focal Length||162 mm|
|Guiding Camera Chip||4.8mm x 3.6mm, 8bit|
|Guiding Camera Resolution||1280×960|
|Guiding Software||EKOS, INDI|
|Camera||CANON EOS M100(a)|
|Camera Control||EKOS, INDI, Gphoto2|
|Photography Date||22.11.2021 RGB|
24.11.2021 H-Alpha, OIII
|Exposure-Time Lights||31x180s RGB|
23x180s H-Alpha, OIII
|Post Processing Date||26.11.2021, only RGB|
|Stacking, Integration||Affinity Photo|
|Post Processing Software||Affinity Photo|
|Image Editing||Affinity Photo|
|Capture Place||Koblenz, Germany|